Registered Office: Henstaff Court – Llantrisant Road – Cardiff – CF72 8NG | Company number 08433214

Supporting separated parents with Child Arrangements Orders. Support through Court.

Child Arrangements Order (C100) legal advice — Family Law — Non Molestation Order — Divorce — Friendly Law Professional — Court Support — Intermediary — Private Mediation

What is Alternative Dispute Resolution?

Private mediation, through a neutral intermediary, is a process that aims to support separated parents into agreement of fair parenting plans so that mothers and fathers can more harmoniously co-parent your children.

The concept is to avoid the unpleasant process of going to the Family Court.

Collaborative law working for you

The Family Court is overwhelmed with cases. In many instances, it can take a year or more to get Child Arrangements Orders in place. And often, the outcome is not necessarily suitable to one or other of the parents.

Collaborative law aims to put the right professionals together with you, at the right time, to help you negotiate how to share your children with each other.

We understand that separation and divorce is a challenging process. An unfortunate bi-product being that it keeps both parties engaged in conflict.

Conflict is not good for anyone and takes a unhealthy toll on mental health. Most of all, conflict affects the children of the family most.

Our aim is to support you in taking as much animosity out of the processes as possible.

Cambridge and Ely based McKenzie Friend specialising in Child Arrangements Orders.

Making best use of the Court in the right way

There is a common misconception that the first thing a separating couple should do is rush straight into the Family Court.

Cambridge and Ely based McKenzie Friend
Supporting separated parents in financial difficulties who need to make UK Child Arrangements Orders

This is not how the system was set up.

REMEMBER — When you go to Family Court, you give up control of your outcome.

Using the Court efficiently, improves outcomes and gets results quick, with less conflict — allowing you both to move on with your lives — and letting your children be spared the inevitable emotional upset of seeing their parents warring over who is right and wrong etc.

It is always better to go to Court with as much pre-agreed as possible.

We successfully assist parents in making safe parenting plans. If everything can be agreed, we need only go to Court for a Consent order.

In other circumstances, we approach the Court to resolve only those issues which cannot be worked out through private mediation (for example, the number of days a child spends with the non resident parent).

What if no agreements can be reached?

There is always the fallback of the Family Court.

But remember, this is a long and unpleasant process which often causes more family division than equitable solutions. And you are not in control of the outcome in the same way!

Compromise is something we all have to face in our lives.

It is always advisable to keep the Childrens’ best interests at heart — and remember, if the parents cannot reach agreement, this is likely to introduce unnecessary emotional and psychological harm to the Child.

What does the Service cost?

We offer an initial consultation by telephone or Zoom which is free of charge and lasts up to 45 minutes.

We charge per hour for follow-up meetings and for everything we are asked to do on your behalf. Time is calculated in fifteen minute increments which are rounded up. It is far less expensive than a MIAM (Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting) — with better results.

Equality and Quality Assured

No matter which parent contacts us first, we take a neutral stance in everything that we do.

Our role is to promote your equal rights and the rights of the Child.

In this process, we do not take sides. We work with both of you in collaboration.

Our work in this way, provides better and safer outcomes which save time and fees in, what otherwise can be, expensive legal wrangling.

Cambridge and Ely based McKenzie Friend
Supporting separated parents in financial difficulties who need to make UK Child Arrangements Orders

Useful Links